Monday 16 April 2012

Spring Date

My sweet man took me on an impromptu date yesterday afternoon! It was a BEAUTIFUL warm, sunny day perfect for going on a drive,so with our car windows open and the warm breezes blowing in, we headed to the cute little town of Castine. The town sits right next to the ocean so many of the houses have a beautiful waterfront view, an also a harbor where fishing boats pull up to the warf and sell their fresh catch to a restaurant right there on the warf. The harbor docks the huge State of Maine ship used by the Maine Maritime Academy to train coastguard students. Each student that goes to the Academy has to jump off the bow of the ship before they can graduate. If you could see the ship,you would know what a feat it would be to do that! Matt said people of the town come to watch this event. The ship was docked yesterday, so I was able to see it! :-) He also took me to Fort George, a fort surrendered to the Yankees by the Britsh in the War for Independence. We enjoyed walking around it and reading about its history. Then we just drove through the town looking at all the GOREGEOUS houses and scenery and the cute little shops and cafes before heading home.
The whole way there and back I was treated with the sight of sweet little daffodils blooming in many gardens and beautiful snowball bushes loaded with white blossoms. The gorgeous scenery, spectacular weather, and being with my darling man made the afternoon one I will not soon forget!!
Thank you so much for the wonderful date, sweetheart! I love you!!

Unfortunately, since it was an impromptu date, cameras, iPads/iPods got left behind, so I didn't get any pics of the town. Maybe next time we go!:-)

No comments: