Saturday 7 April 2012

How to Knit a Dishcloth

Just after we got married, my dashing prince taught me how to knit. I found out that I LOVE knitting, and have made several scarves. My sister-in-law, Vanessa, knit me a bunch of dishcloths for my bridal shower, but I have used them so much that they are all getting holes in them. I thought I would like to try my hand at knitting some, so I went in search of a pattern on the Internet and found this one! It is really simple and makes just a basic dishcloth with a small border. I haven't completed it yet, but am in the process of decreasing stitches and haven't run into a problem yet! I'll let you know how it turns out when I am finished it. In the mean time, here is the pattern.
CO 4 stitches. Knit 1 row.

INCREASE SECTION (EVERY ROW):
K2, YO, K to end
Repeat this row until you have the desired width you want. (44-50 stitches)

DECREASE SECTION(EVERY ROW):
K1, k2tog, YO, k2tog, K to end.
Repeat this row until you have 4 stitches remaining.
Bind off(BO)all 4 stitches, break/cut yarn,and pull end through last loop to fasten. If desired, weave in ends and block.


Abbreviations:
CO: cast on
YO: yarn over
K: knit
K2tog: knit 2 together

No comments: