Saturday 14 April 2012

Recent Projects

The last couple of days I have been working on trying to sew the apron below. I have sewed enough things now, that straight seams, turning square corners, doing things neatly, isn't a problem. But trying to sew curved or rounded seams is another story. This apron had a round pocket for me to sew, and it gave me a terrible time. I did finally manage to get it sewed to the apron, but I'm still not 100% pleased with the way it turned out. Does anybody have any suggestions for me?
I also have been working on knitting more dishcloths. I have so much fun knitting and find myself not being able to set my project down once I've knitted a couple of rows! :-) In the picture below my latest one is pinned to the apron. I found the yarn at WalMart and immediately LOVED the colors! You can't see it very well in the picture, but it is a mixture of green, teal, and white. I bought a whole spool of it, so I can see many more of these in my future! :-)

1 comment:

Laura H. said...

My suggestion for sewing curved seams is practice, practice, practice and go slow!!
It looks great to me!