Sunday 8 April 2012

The Best Easter Present of All!!!!

For the past couple of Sundays we have been picking up our two little neighbor boys and taking them to Sunday school. I have also taught them in Junior Church both Sundays. Today I had the Easter story and was telling the little guys how Jesus died on the cross to save us from our sins because He loved us so much. I told them that since He did that for us, we could ask Him to come into our hearts and save us so that we could go to Heaven.
The older little boy spoke up and said "I would like to ask Him to come into my heart and save me, but I'm afraid I might be too embarrassed." I told him that nobody there would laugh at him or make him feel embarrassed, in fact, we all would be SO happy if asked Jesus into his heart. "Well, there's this bully at school that would make so,SO much fun of me if he found out that I love Jesus," he replied. I told him that the only reason that bully would make fun of him is because he would be jealous that he had something the bully didn't have, and that he would be going to Heaven and the bully wouldn't unless he asked Jesus into his heart. He thought about this for a few minutes, and then a little smile came onto his face. As I watched him, I told him, "I can help you, if you want Jesus to come into your heart and save you. Do you want to?"
He nodded his head yes and came over to my seat. There in front of me he knelt down and closed his eyes and put his hands together. "Can you help me?" he asked. Carefully, with my heart brimming over, I helped him pray a salvation prayer. When he was done, he got up with a big grin on his face and said "I feel so happy inside now!" My heart melted! I told him that all of the angels in Heaven were rejoicing, and Jesus was so happy right now, and that his little heart was all clean and white instead of black with sin. Another grin came on his face and he said, "Jesus said 'Yes, I'll forgive all your sins and you can come to Heaven now!'" The next thing he asked was "Can my little brother pray and ask Jesus to come into his heart too?" I told him if his little brother wanted to, and was sorry for his sins, he could. The next five minutes he spent earnestly pleading with his little brother to "Please pray, I want you to go to Heaven too! Please, PLEASE pray!" The little guy didn't want to, although he did go through the motions just so his older brother would leave him alone. As we walked out of class, the older brother said, "I'm so, SO glad my brother prayed that prayer, now he can go to Heaven too!"
I have been praising the Lord for the rest of the day for helping this little guy see his need of being saved, and for giving me the privilege of being able to help him! The Lord is good!!

1 comment:

Laura H. said...

Amen!! I pray every day for the moment that Cecily realizes her need of salvation!!
Another soul that will meet Spencer someday!