Thursday 31 May 2012

Birthday Celebrations

Sunday was my Darling's 27th birthday, and we enjoyed a quiet, relaxing day together celebrating.
After morning church, we came home to enjoy a dinner for two.


Lasagna is one of Matt's favorites, and Ree Drummond's recipes are my favorites, so I combined the two and made a yummy birthday lasagna. :-)

Here is a link to The Pioneer Woman's recipe.
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/the_best_lasagn/

Matt has never been a huge "cake" person,except for cheesecakes. He LOOOOOOOVES cheesecakes!!So I made him a Triple Lemon Cheesecake.
I found the recipe on a cute little blog I stumbled across the other day when I was searching for "crafty" ideas. This lady bakes AND crafts and is good at both! :-)

Here is a link to her blog...
http://gratefulprayerthankfulheart.blogspot.com/

...and a link to her cheesecake recipe.
http://gratefulprayerthankfulheart.blogspot.com/2012/01/triple-lemon-cheesecake.html
(Make sure you follow her directions on baking the cheesecake in a water bath...it keeps the cheesecake from cracking!)



My sweetheart's birthday cheesecake



After dinner, Matt asked if we could go to the beach and look for sea glass like we had done the previous Sunday! I was all up for it, so we packed a cool drink, and a bucket to collect our sea glass in, and headed for the beach.


This is the truck we sported all weekend. I love the perks my man gets with his job! :-) I fell in love with this truck the minute Matt brought it home! He even let me drive it some over the weekend, and I just fell MORE in love!! *sigh* ;-)


It was a beautiful warm, sunny day and a slight breeze cooled us off while we strolled the beach hand in hand, picking up beautiful pieces of sea glass. We had good success in finding pieces and came home with a jar full. We found quite a few green pieces, and also some "treasures."
Here are the greatest finds of the day!


The blue piece was just sitting on the sand when I found it. I was SOOOO excited because blue is the hardest color to find. Matt found the other two pieces. When he found the clear piece, part of it was buried in the sand. He kept pulling and pulling and the piece coming out was getting bigger and bigger! :-) We were both excited when we saw it was the complete bottom, and a bit of each of the sides of a bottle!
We spent most of the afternoon at the beach, and then took the scenic route home, stopping along the way to look at beautiful houses, or different parts of the shoreline.
After church that evening, we took the remaining lasagna and cheesecake over to his parents' house and enjoyed supper with his family.
Our day ended with trying to spot a big black bear that had been seen in a field just above Matt's parents' house. We immediately hopped in the truck and headed up the road to see if we could find it, but it was not to be seen. Oh well, maybe next time! :-)


One of the gifts I got my man! Tim McGraw Soul 2 Soul. It smells DIVINE!!!!!! Anybody want to watch Flicka? ;-)

3 comments:

Laura H. said...

Lasagna looks yummy!!!! And I just watched Flicka the other day. Happy Belated Birthday, Matt!! You and Aaron are now the same age.

Carol Baker said...

Love that truck! the cheese cake looks scrumptious.

Matt McFarland said...

I gobbled 'til I wobbled!!