Monday 7 May 2012

Acadia National Park

The last time we went to Acadia National Park/Cadillac Mountain it was rainy and foggy so we couldn't see a long way. Matt wanted to take me back when it was sunny and clear. Yesterday was the perfect day, so we headed out after church to spend the afternoon in the park. I was armed with camera and iPad to take tons of pictures. I soon found out that a camera cannot do justice to the beauty of this place, but I will share the pictures I did take with the iPad.


We went up Cadillac Mountain first! This is us on the very top of the mountain. (I took more pics on the way up, but they are on my camera and I cannot download pics straight from my camera to my iPad.)



This seagull was just posing for me! :-)





Gorgeous scenery!


You can see one of the stone bridges behind me.







Some of the beautiful stonework that is throughout the park.


Looking out over the ocean through the trees.




Little rivers and streams gurgle through the forest in various places around the park! A perfect place for a picnic.

We had a WONDERFUL time driving through the park, enjoying the scenery, and even bought a season pass so we can go back whenever we want this summer! One of the things on our "To Do" list next time we go, is to view the park on horseback!

2 comments:

Matt McFarland said...

I'm so glad you had fun, Princess! I love you SO much!!!

Laura H. said...

THAT is something I would like to see!! You on horseback. Hee hee
Just Kidding!!