Monday 2 September 2013

Blue Hill Fair 2013

Matt didn't have to work at the fair this year, but he sweetly took us Saturday night just to enjoy the sights. Brett was such a trooper the whole time, and we had a great time (except for maybe Matt having some issues with the fair rides. You should ask him his opinion of fair rides sometime. *wink*) We knew some people that had entered exhibits and wanted to see how they had placed, so we started off our time there by wandering through the different buildings looking at the crafts, vegetables, flowers and such, as well as spending a little time looking at some cute baby cows. We had some time to kill before the horse pull started, so Matt  completely spoiled me, and took me back to the Pick-a-Pearl booth that we had found last year. He had bought me a necklace there last year, so this year I chose to have the pearl I picked set in a ring. Surprisingly, the pearl I picked this year is almost the exact color of the one I picked last year. Now I have a matching necklace/ ring set. :-) I have the sweetest man ever!!! :)
It was time to head to the horse pull by then, so we grabbed a quick supper and headed to the pulling ring. We enjoyed watching the teams pull, and even though the rules are a bit different than I'm used to, it brought back memories of watching ?Spencer pull. I fed Brett his bottle while we watched and told him all about his Uncle Spencer. Then I snuggled him all up in a blanket so he wouldn't get cold, and he just looked all around at everything going on. Halfway through the horse pull, it started to rain, so we called it an evening and packed Brett into his stroller where he would stay dry, and hurried to the truck before we got drenched. We left having had a great time together as a little family.


Brett in his stroller as we looked at the different exhibits. I found the little denim jacket for him at a thrift shop. It was perfect for the occasion because it has some "farm" detailing on it.





Our little family at the pulling ring.
I haven't been able to get a good picture of my ring Matt bought me yet, so you'll just have to trust me that it is BEAUTIFUL!! :-)

5 comments:

Carol Baker said...

Looks like you had a good time.Love Brett's jacket.

Damaris Baker said...

Sounds like you had more fun! Glad you could make it at least one night. I love Brett's little jacket and wish I had one too!

davidanddiannahwhite@blogspot.com said...

Sounds like u had a great time and thanks for posting a family picture it is very nice love love Brett jacket so sweet he is too .I agree with Maris I would love to have one but it would have to have sheep and a Great Pyrnees on it (WINK)

johnnfawn said...

So sweet!

Laura H. said...

We were at the fair on Saturday too!! Gilbert took it all in for a while and then after a snack went to sleep with Grammie B.