Monday 26 August 2013

New Hat

We had a great time at our church picnic on Saturday and enjoyed the food, fellowship, and absolutely gorgeous weather. The only thing I was a little concerned about was that Brett would get too much sun. People were careful when they held him, and used a blanket to shield his face, but it didn't do quite as good a job as the visor on his stroller would have done...or the visor on a sunhat. Grammie Limeburner asked me if I had a sunhat for him and I had to tell her no. Her reply was "I have a pattern, I'll make him one." And that is exactly what she did. She arrived at church yesterday morning with the little hat Brett is wearing in the pictures below. I fell completely in love as soon as we put it on him. It also has a piece of fabric you can pin on the back to shield his neck from the sun. Thank you SO much Grammie Limeburner, it's a perfect little hat!!!






I loved the back view of the hat just as much as the front!


Brett loves to stand up and can hold all of his weight for about ten seconds. He concentrates so hard when he is doing it that he just looks at us with his eyes wide open as if to say "See how good I'm doing? This is hard work!!" That is what he is saying to Daddy in the picture above! :-)


Then after he works so hard at standing up, he usually gets kisses from Daddy as a reward. :-)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Still loving that outfit!! He is so cute sitting in his own chair with his new hat:-)

johnnfawn said...

Love, love, love the hat!!! And where did he get the little chair? I really like that too...Did Dad make it?

Carol Baker said...

Such sweet pics of grandma's little boy.

Vicki said...

Matt's used car manager, Dave, made it for him. It was sitting in Matt's office the first day he came back to work after Brett was born.