Saturday 17 August 2013

Barbie for Men


Matt has been wanting a tractor for over a year now, but never could justify spending the money for one. He has stopped into the John Deere dealerships in Ellsworth and Bangor over the past year, and tried them out, talked to representatives, etc., but that is as far as he would go. This past week he finally bit the bullet and bought a small one to use around the dooryard here. He found a second hand one in good condition that somebody was trying to sell, and he was able to get it for a very affordable price. He was so excited about it, he was just like a little boy at Christmas time. :-) It makes me so happy he was able to get it when I see how much fun he has using it. He says it's like Barbie for men....you can get so many different attachments for it and have so much fun with it! :-)
He spent most of his day off this week using it to fix up the dooryard and learning how to work it. He even showed me how to use it, and I took it for a little spin. It's a pretty neat little rig!


He dug a rock out of the middle of our vegetable garden with it.



The little neighbor boys that we take to Sunday school found out Matt got a tractor and came over quite quickly to check out the new rig. Matt was very patient with them, and gave them each a turn at "helping" him drive.



Brett and I had a turn taking it for a spin. I had fun....I'm not sure if Brett thought it was fun or not...he just sat in his carrier and looked at me. :-)

2 comments:

Carol Baker said...

My farm girl after all:)Quite the rig

Tim and Rebecca Lewis said...

Tim says he is jealous over you with a godly jealousy! :)