Wednesday 5 September 2012

Knitting Project

One of my friends, Sarah Bamford, gave me a dishcloth pattern to try about a month ago. Someone had given her this pattern to try, and since she and I have been comparing/sharing knitting notes over the summer, she passed the pattern on to me. I was a bit hesitant to try it, because the pattern looked complicated, but after I saw how well Sarah's turned out, I was determined to make one myself. With some help from her to get me started, I was able to follow the pattern and was pleased with the end result. Here is the pattern in case anyone would like to give it a try.
Dishcloth Round
Cast on 15 (the pattern says they used size 6 needles, but I used size 8 and it turned out fine)
Row 1: Knit
Row 2: K3, yo, knit until 1 stitch is left on needle, turn.
Row 3: Knit
Row 4: K3, yo, knit until 2 stitches are left, turn.
Row 5: Knit
Row 6: K3,yo, knit until 3 stitches are left, turn.
Row 7: Knit
Row 8: Bind off the first 3 stitches, k2, yo, knit until 4 stitches are left, turn.
Row 9: Knit
Row 10: K3, yo, knit until 5 stitches are left, turn.
Row 11: Knit
Row 12: K3, yo, knit until 6 stitches are left, turn.
Row 13: Knit
Row 14: Bind off first 3 stitches, k2, yo, knit until 7 stitches are left, turn.
Row 15: Knit
Row 16: K3, yo, knit until 8 stitches are left, turn.
Row 17: Knit
Row 18: K3, yo, knit until 9 stitches are left, turn.
Row 19: Knit
Row 20: Bind off first 3 stitches, then knit to the end of the row.
Repeat rows 1-20 6 more times for a total of 7 patterns. Bind off. Hand-sew edges together to complete the circle.



Enjoy!! :-)

2 comments:

Matt McFarland said...

Very NICE, Hon!!!!!

Damaris Baker said...

Very nice!!! Like the style!!!