Monday 18 June 2012

Sunny days

I realize my blog has been silent for awhile, and I don't have an excuse other than that sunny days are here!!!!!! This past week, six days out of the seven were SUNNY.....and there is no way you can keep me corralled inside on a beautiful, warm sunny day!
With two flower gardens and a vegetable garden, I've been keeping busy planting and weeding.
I made it a goal this past week to accomplish at least one major project each day INSIDE, and then work outside the rest of the day. I was surprised at how much I was able to accomplish both inside and out when I took that approach! The stack of ironing that had been sitting in the laundry room continually growing is now ironed and hanging in the closet. The pile of summer clothes lying on our bedroom floor where they had fallen when the bag they were in broke is now folded and put away in closets and drawers. The mounded cot in the laundry room, left from when my family came to visit, is all cleared off, moved into the spare bedroom, and the air mattresses are deflated and put back in their boxes. Outside, the vegetables seeds sitting in their packages on top of the fridge are all planted, fertilized and watered. One flower garden is all weeded, and the other is ALMOST all weeded ( a huge accomplishment considering it was full of brambles and fern at the first of the week!) I grilled something on the grill almost every night last week. Who would use the stove when you could use the grill!?!? :-)
I LOVE summer!!
So, in the meantime, while I am busy enjoying these sunny days, enjoy a couple of my flowers from my garden, and know that I will be back to posting regularly as soon as I get my fill of warmth and sun! ;-)






3 comments:

Carol Baker said...

Don't work too hard.Love Ma

Laura H. said...

It must have been the week! I accomplished a lot as well.

Vicki said...

Haha..it must have!!!
@Mom
I never work too hard...just have fun!! :-)