Friday 22 June 2012

On top of the world!!!!

Since Matt had to work on his normal day off this week, his manager gave him yesterday off! YAY!!!!!!! We tossed around many options of what we wanted to do with our day, but after running a few errands and grabbing some lunch, we decided to go mini golfing. BUT.....we never made it to the golf course! Instead our car pulled into the Acadia Scenic Flights parking lot, and we embarked on a far more exciting adventure!! We changed our minds about mini golfing quickly when we saw a plane taking off from the runway, and Matt found out that I had never flown in a small plane! :)
Flights are kind of expensive, so we only chose the 15 minute flight around Bar Harbor! Our pilot had retired from flying three years ago, but loved it SOO much that he couldn't NOT fly! He called this his retirement job, and you could see in his face how much he loved flying! He helped us into his little plane and pretty soon we were cleared to take the runway! I LOVE feeling that moment when the plane leaves the ground and we head up, up, UP into the sky! SOO exhilarating!!!!! Our pilot knew quite a bit about the land and its history and took us for a much longer flight than we paid for! We were in the air at least half an hour as he showed us different islands and places! He even let Matt man the controls for a little bit, and my man had a blast!! You see, Matt would LOVE to get his pilot's license some day. Hmmmmm....it would be pretty neat to have my very own pilot! ;) I enjoyed just looking out the windows and taking pictures! It was a calm, clear day, and you could see quite a distance....a PERFECT day for flying!! I couldn't stop smiling the whole time I was up there, I was so excited!!! I LOVE flying! :)
When it was time to land,our pilot took the controls again and expertly navigated us back to the runway, where in short measure we were back on the ground and slowing down to park the plane. It seemed like all too soon our ride was over, but I have pictures and memories that will last a lifetime! When Matt said he felt like doing something with his girl for the day, I never expected to be spending half an hour with him on top of the world!(But then, he makes me feel like I'm on top of the world every single day!) He spoils me rotten!!!




Speeding down the runway!!












My handsome man!





Back on the runway

2 comments:

Carol Baker said...

Looks like you had a blast.Glad it was you not I.Love Ma

Laura H. said...

Looks like you were having fun!! I'd rather be on top of a horse though.
hee hee