Thursday 30 August 2012

A Walk In The Park

Special meetings, house/dog sitting, and my vegetable garden among other things jumped life into the fast lane the last couple of weeks and my blog got neglected! Although I did enjoy the week we spent in Castine house/dog sitting, it feels SO good to be home! Matt has also been busy at work, and is going to be putting in a couple of 14 hour days the end of this week going to fairs/concerts to advertise for Darlings. The best part is that I get to go with him, so we can spend some time together even though he does have to work extra long hours. If nothing else I'll be able to help him wash the dust off the cars at the fair. :-)
In the midst of our somewhat busy schedule we were able to take a relaxing little trip to Bangor Sunday afternoon. Matt's family was on vacation and needed us to deliver Pam's puppy to them, so we met up with them in a park for lunch. It was a beautiful summer day with lots of sunshine and a nice gentle breeze. We ate our lunch under a large tree that gave us just the right amount of shade, and enjoyed the beautiful scenery of the park. Matt's family had to head out right after lunch so that they would be able to get to the church they wanted to go to that night, but Matt and I stayed a bit longer and took a leisurely walk through the park.

 
 
Every time we have driven by this park, I have commented to Matt that I would love to stop sometime and just walk through it. The fountain there is so beautiful and I kept telling Matt that it would be a perfect place to have a photo shoot done. Imagine my surprise when we pulled into THIS very park to meet his family for lunch! A waterfall starts at the top of a hill and runs all the way down to a pond where the fountain shoots the water high into the air. This is the view from the top of the hill.
 
 
The little bridge leads you across the pond to the other side of the park where there are more paths to explore and a sweet little gazebo to rest in. (Another perfect place for a photo shoot) *smile*
 
 
The view from the fountain looking up the hill. It was so much fun to be able to just relax and wander through the park enjoying the beauty of it! 
 

7 comments:

Matt McFarland said...

It WAS nice! We should go back there again, hon!!

Vicki said...

@ Matt
That would be FUN!!!! Xoxo

Unknown said...

I'm not sure but I think it was in that park where Gram and Gramp had their engagement pictures taken back in 1959. You'll have to ask her but if it's the park across from Maine Medical Center there in Bangor...

Vicki said...

@Nessa
That's the park I'm talking about! That's neat....I didn't know they had their engagement pics taken there. Guess I'm not the only one that thought it was a good place to take pictures! :-)

Laura H. said...

Sounds like fun!!! You look smashing in that outfit. I don't remember it so it must be new.

Carol Baker said...

It's so nice to see a pic of you.Lovely park.Love Ma

Vicki said...

@Laura
The top is new from Burlington Coat Factory(my fave clothing store). I've had the skirt for a long time, just never had anything to wear it with! Haha Thanks for the race review! :-)
@Mom
Love you! May have some more pics of us to post soon!