Wednesday 1 August 2012

Decorations

I found a really neat section in the Family Dollar store when I was looking for a birthday present a little bit ago -- good quality, beautiful framed pictures, and different wall hangings and candle decorations VERY cheaply priced. I had some extra spending money last week, so I stopped in and bought a few wall decorations to fill up some empty spaces in our house. I hope you enjoy looking at the pictures as much as I am enjoying having them on my walls!

HOME is where our story begins

HOME Plaque: $3.00
We hung this over the fireplace in the living room. The dark frame around it complements the dark wood of the fireplace.


Family- All because two people fell in love.
 Wall Decal:$3.00
I was SOOO excited when I found this!! I've been looking for one since before we got married! It was very easy to apply to the wall and adds a touch of modern elegance to the empty wall space I had by the piano.
 

Laughter is like music for the soul.
 Music Wall Hanging:$3.00
This picture is neat because you can display it just the way it is, or you can add a picture of your own in the little frame! We hung it near the piano so that there is some connection with the music theme! I was pretty impressed that I was able to buy all three of these for under $10.
There are more framed pictures and little decorations that I would love to get, but they will have to wait for another time when I have a little extra spending money! :-)
Many thanks to my darling man for hanging these for me after a long, tiring day at work! I love you!!

Matt bought me this tart burner at WalMart and I LOVE it!!!!! Just turn a switch and the light comes on and melts the tart on the top. The tarts that I have right now make the whole house smell SOOO good!!! :-) ( Just thought I'd add this pic since I'm enjoying it so much on this rainy day)

2 comments:

Carol Baker said...

looks very elegant. love ma

Unknown said...

Your wall art is beautiful! John and I were wanting to put a large decorative design on a large white wall in our living room but the stick on kind were so expensive. John came up with the idea of finding a design we wanted on the computer and with a projector putting it on the wall, then simply tracing it on and painting it. It's working really well. Thought you and Matt might like that idea.