Monday 6 August 2012

CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As of Saturday I no longer drive a little red Pontiac Sunfire!! Check out what we traded it in for!!  

2012 Chevy Silverado LT Z71



This truck is BEAUTIFUL!!! It is decked out in chrome and is LOADED!! Power seats, windows, etc. I can bluetooth my cell with the truck so if someone calls me I just hit a button on the stearing wheel and can talk to them without even picking up my phone. It even has a USB port in it to plug our iPod or iPad in and charge it while listening to music off it!! 

 
The leather wrapped steering wheel is SO comfortable!!  Our truck is a four wheel drive so it will be perfect for our road in the winter time should I need to get out of a snowbank or something! ;-) It has OnStar capabilities, so all we have to do is press a little button on the rearview mirror and the truck calls an OnStar office and helps us with whatever problem we might have. If I ever crashed, OnStar would immediately call the truck and make sure I was ok, and then have police come to the scene because they would know my exact location. OnStar will also be able to unlock my truck for me if I ever lock my keys in it. Matt has an app for his phone that will lock/unlock, start/ turn off the truck as well! Through OnStar, the truck will run about 200 diagnostics every month and that will be emailed to us and to the dealership so that we will know if there is something that needs attention!! Matt and I both have a key and a remote start for it... so handy in the winter when we want the truck to be all warm when we hop in! :-) It also has a max trailering package and an off road package with a skid plate underneath. (Not that we will be doing any offroading with this beauty!) I'm not sure if I can tell you everything it has yet, because I haven't gotten used to all of the gadgets myself yet... I just know it's a pretty SWEET truck!!





 We both knew we didn't just want a regular cab truck, but we didn't care if we got a crew cab or an extended cab. We finally decided on the extended cab, so we would have the needed room should we ever need to add a baby carseat to the family! You can tell that the truck was definitely designed by a guy because there are 9 coffee cup holders for a 6 passenger truck!!! ;-)
I'm not sure it has sunk into my brain yet that this is what I'm driving from now on when I need to go get groceries or something, but we are both enjoying this new ride IMMENSELY!! Our payments are unbeatabley low, and that makes the truck even more enjoyable!!


I love the Mocha Steel color, and the alloy wheels! It just glistens in the sun!! I also loved the fact that when we drove it off the lot on Saturday, the truck only had 12 miles on it!! ;-)  SOOOOOOO if you don't see me blogging in the next couple of days..... I'm out joy riding!!!!!!! * smile *

8 comments:

Damaris Baker said...

Pretty neat!! Wish I was there to go joy riding in it with you.

MorganM said...

That is awesome! I love those trucks! Lucky girl :)

Laura H. said...

Very nice!! We'll call you when we need help haying. ha ha

Vicki said...

@Damaris
Comes take a ride with me whenever you want! :-)
@Morgan
Your more than welcome to come visit and take it for a spin! ;-)
@Laura
It could handle the hay all right....not sure if I could though! ;-)

Matt McFarland said...

Can I go for a ride with you?

Vicki said...

You can go for a ride with me WHENEVER you want, darling!! Xoxo

MorganM said...

I would love to come and take it for a spin! haha Maybe when I get my own I could come down and we could have a convoy ;) haha!

Vicki said...

@Morgan
Hahaha...sounds like a plan! ;-)