Friday 23 January 2015

Ottawa Senators vs Boston Bruins

For my birthday Matt gave me tickets to go watch my favorite NHL team, the Ottawa Senators, play in Boston. This was my first ever real live NHL game and I was SO excited to experience it!! We left Brett with Grampie and Grammie McFarland and made the trip down to Boston for the Saturday night 7:00 game. We both missed Brett SO much, but once we got to TD Gardens, I was so glad we didn't bring him. I don't think I've ever seen that many people in one place all at once!! The place was swarming with thousands of people jostling, and bumping, and hurrying their way through to wherever they wanted to go!!! It was almost like a city of its own inside the building. We got there almost an hour early and the line to get to our seats was already backed up all the way outside for quite a long way. When we finally did get inside, our seats were quite high up. I kept picturing Brett getting wiggly, and falling all the way down to the bottom of the arena. I was quite thankful that he was safe at home at Grampie and Grammie's, and I didn't have to worry about that happening. It was so high up that I had to hold Matt's arm for the first five minutes because it made me very dizzy every time I looked down. But once the rows of seats below us started to fill up with people, and the players came out on the ice for their warm ups, I was able to forget about the height, and enjoyed myself SOOOO much!! The game was awesome, even if my team did lose, and Matt and I enjoyed a little bit of friendly rivalry between us since it was my favorite team playing against his favorite team. I was a bit of a fish out of water first of all because I was a Senators fan at the Bruins' home arena, and also because in the section where we sat I was the only Senators fan, so I was the only one on my feet cheering every time the Sens scored a goal. One of the guys in front of us kept trying to high five with me every time Boston scored, and he soon learned he did not have an ally in me! Matt however was happy to high five and celebrate with him, so he was happy! :-) Matt and I had a great time enjoying an evening together, and as soon as the game was over and we were headed home, I was ready to do it all over again. Only this time we better make it an Ottawa home game so I can cheer to my heart's content!! Haha!!

The skyline of Boston as we drove into the city.

TD Gardens

The view from our seats.

The players warming up.

My love and I enjoying the game.

The national anthem before the game.


The game.

The Ottawa Senators bench.

The first star of the game being introduced after the game was over.

In front of the ice at TD Gardens




Heading out of Boston. 
The pictures don't really do this bridge justice. It was lit with green lights the whole way, and made a really neat glow across the city.

We were so glad to go get Brett at Grampie and Grammie's after having been away from him most of the day Saturday and all Saturday night! We brought him back a little Bruins hockey stick and a Bobby Orr hockey puck as souveniers from the game.


No comments: