Tuesday 29 October 2013

Globetrotters Game

Over a month ago Matt took me to see the Harlem Globetrotters for my birthday. He had found out earlier in the summer that they were coming to Bangor and we had talked about going, but never made any real plans. A couple of weeks before my birthday he surprised me with a pair of tickets for us to go, and arranged for Grampie and Grammie McFarland to babysit Brett the evening of the game. We actually ended up making it a double date with one of Matt's coworkers and his fiance because they had bought tickets for seats right behind us and asked if we could go together. 
Our evening was a blast!! We went out for Chinese before the game, and then headed right to the auditorium for the game. What fun!! We laughed almost the entire evening at the crazy stunts these guys did! After the game we managed to get an autograph from all of the players on the team as well as from the coach and Emcee. I enjoyed myself thoroughly.... although I must say it did feel a little odd not to have a baby in my arms or to not have to be hauling a huge diaper bag with everything but the kitchen sink in it around with me. :-)
 It was a wonderful "just us" date, but we were both glad to come back home to Winky when the game was over. 
Thank you, honey, for a fun birthday celebration!! It was a blast!!



The craziness of the players had no limits. We never knew what they were going to do next! 


We bought a little basketball for Brett and had it autographed after the game. Some day when he gets a little older, he'll enjoy it. :)


Kyle and Amanda, the other half of our double date. 


A little boy and his new basketball are inseparable I found out. :)

2 comments:

Carol Baker said...

Liked the pic of grandma's boy sleeping with the basketball.Love and kisses.

johnnfawn said...

So glad you had a great time and the picture of Brett dreaming with his new basket ball is so adorable.