Saturday 7 December 2013

Anniversary/Christmas Tree

Matt surprised me for our anniversary and took the day off work. I had no idea, but he had planned out the whole day which included, but was not limited to, getting and decorating our Christmas tree with his family. Imagine my delight when I woke up on our anniversary morning and found out I could spend the whole day with my man AND get our Christmas tree all in one day! It doesn't get much better than that!! :)
I could go into every detail of the day, but instead I'll let the pictures do the talking. We had a great anniversary together.


I took my carrier to put Brett in. I didn't want to have to carry him in my arms the whole time we were looking for a Christmas tree......he is HEAVY!!!



Mama's little snuggle bug!! He was so good while we picked out our tree. He just snuggled in and enjoyed the ride on front of Mommy, looking at everything around.


Dad and Mom and Rachel found their tree shortly after we got to the Christmas tree lot. Here are Mom and Rachel cutting it down.




It took us a little longer!! We had to find the PERFECT tree, and we had to venture further into the forest to find it. There were many options, just not the perfect one for us.




But FINALLY we found the perfect one to grace our living room this year! Nice and full, no holes, and the perfect height! We claimed it as ours, and Matt cut it down.


He pulled it out of the woods to the road....




..and we began the trek back to the vehicle.
Winky enjoyed the ride! :)


There goes our tree into the "Grinch Machine." (It actually just binds it up with twine to make it easier to handle/ transport.)



The people that own the lot, make picking out a tree a fun experience. They serve cookies and hot chocolate in their little building to warm you up after you have picked out your tree. They also make little bags filled with fir needles and give one to each customer with the purchase of their tree. They smell SO good!!! Brett enjoyed helping me carry our little bag. :)



Getting a Christmas tree is tiring work!! Brett had to take a nap after all of the excitement.




After a bit of shopping in town, we headed home for supper and an evening of decorating.






Getting the ribbon on, took a little time, but it turned out perfectly! Matt figured out how to curl it with a rolling pin. :)




Watching the happenings. :)



Everybody pitched in and helped get all the decorations on, and soon it was done. Here is the finished product.


It's kind of dark, but we grabbed a quick family snapshot.


Brett wasn't quite sure what to think of the tree. He just sat in my arms and looked at it.

Thank you to everybody for making it a fun evening! And especially thank you to my man for planning out a perfect anniversary, and making sure it happened! It was special!!

* Photo credits go to Rachel and Dad. McFarland.

3 comments:

johnnfawn said...

It looks like a truly perfect day. So wonderful to see your happy little home. Brett is too cute! And your hair looks beautiful, by the way!

Carol Baker said...

Your day looked and sounded very exciting.Your hairdo is very becoming.Always so nice to see you,Matt,and grandma's baby.Love Ma

Laura H. said...

I'm still cleaning so that I can decorate. Aaron doesn't like to put the tree up until later anyway, so that works out. Gilbert is heavy to lug around too. I wore him in my carrier all day yesterday when we were shopping in Wolfville, and my shoulders are stiff today!!