Tuesday 4 March 2014

Spencer

~Because someone we love is in heaven, there's a little bit of heaven in our home ~


Two years ago heaven became a little sweeter when my brother went to be with the Lord. I miss him more than I thought it was possible to miss anyone, but I have so many memories to remember him with and I treasure them dearly. I often wish he could have met our little Brett, and every time I have a picture of Spencer in front of me, I tell Brett about him. He'll grow up hearing all of my stories and special memories, and will know his uncle through those.
I was going through a bunch of my old pictures the other day, and found a bunch of pictures of Spencer I had almost forgotten about. I've been slowly working on making sure they are saved and backed up so that they won't get lost should something happen to my camera. I thought I'd share some of the ones I have.




I'm not exactly sure of the date of these pictures, but I'm guessing somewhere around  2006-2007.



 
June 19, 2010
First pull of the season- Lawrencetown, NS

Hooking for Skip-his mentor and later his employer



July1,2010
Pulling Skip's team at the Canada Day Pull -Burlington, NS

July3,2010
He left immediately ushering a wedding to go pull- Upper Burlington, NS

Chillin in his truck after an exciting day of pulling.

July 25,2010

July27,2010
Qualifier pull -Bridgewater,NS


October 12, 2010
Plowing at Angus McLean's- Torbrook, NS

January7, 2011
Meeting his niece, Cecily Hiltz

December 3,2011
Our wedding -Sedgwick,ME

5 comments:

Tim and Rebecca Lewis said...

Love you all, and thinking of you today!!!!

Tim and Rebecca Lewis said...

Love you all, and thinking of you today!!!!

Carol Baker said...

Maris and I put some pics on face book today.Pa somewhat weepy today but we are doing OK.Some of these I do not have.Love them and your note about him.Love Ma

Damaris Baker said...

Sure do miss him! Love the pics!

Amanda said...

Aww that pic of him pulling after a wedding was mine! We were so glad he helped out even though he had to rush off. Miss watching him pull.